CREATIVE WRITING TRICKS
Selecting A Powerful Essay Topic About Your Favorite Book: 18 Best Prompts
The most encouraging aspect of this assignment is that you discuss your favorite book, no matter what the subject. The list below is a series of prompts helping to spark your imagination. Make sure that you’ve read your selected text at least twice, with a second reading being done closely with notes.
- Answer the obvious question – This is really stating the obvious. Focus on why you really enjoyed the book.
- Proactively expanding your explanation – take your explanation to a higher level by analyzing the text in detail.
- Background checks on biographical subjects – Make playful use of your information on real life subjects.
- Delving into theoretical explanations – Non-fiction books, depending on the subject, may require this, but not at length.
- On being both subjective and objective – Try to provide readers with both analyses but focus on objectivity.
- Relating to personal experience – Why you like the book may certainly have been influenced by personal experience. Expand on this.
- How to discuss poetry – You do not need to give theoretical explanations but can focus on meanings.
- Make use of the movies – Many of the best movies have been adapted. You can even compare movies with its original text.
- Be free to choose a short story – You can focus on a profound story but do make mention of the anthology in which it appears.
- Dealing with different genres – In some cases, analysis of the book’s genre is also required.
- Talk about a classic – You can reduce the complexities by comparing it with modern life.
- Relate with the cover – The cover may strike you pertinently. Why not talk about how it relates to the rest of the book.
- Mixing fiction with fact – Truly good fiction is realistic. You can explain why you agree or not.
- Prepping up your reading list – Add more quality to your paper by reading beyond one text.
- Is it really a good book – Be as coherent as possible about this important aspect.
- Pros and Cons – You can balance your essay evenly between the two.
- Compare and contrast – Compare your book with other similar texts you have read.
- Down to the essay – Make sure you’ve covered the basics on how to do this.
This guide is designed to inspire writers to select a powerful essay topic about a favorite book. Hopefully, it will inspire confidence during the thinking and writing stages.